AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
As the Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing AZA’s strategic clients allocated to you. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for achievement of the set sales targets from existing accounts allocated to him/ her. You will strengthen relationships with existing clients and work closely with various departments in order to maintain and further develop the relationships with clients. You’ll use data to improve client retention and the overall customer growth and retention.
As the Senior Account Manager, you are responsible for the growth of all accounts allocated to you. The Senior Account Manager is also responsible for annual account planning of the respective accounts to ensure that the client’s needs and expectations are met by AZA.
- Managing and growing client accounts. The Senior Account Manager will need to have a vast understanding of AZA’s product offering and pricing structures in order to maintain client relationships by knowing what suits customers best.
- The Senior Account Manager is responsible for driving profitable sales volume for the clients. You will also ensure strategic objective targets are met for the assigned accounts
- The Key Account Manager is also responsible for the generation of referrals from his/ her client portfolio. This will be enhanced by developing strong relationships with the clients.
- Implement sales strategies that lead to high customer satisfaction. The Senior Account Manager develops a strategic account planning process in which the client’s targets are met.
- Prepare a detailed monthly report on Account performance and proposals on how to achieve the set target based on client feedback.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders: Product, Compliance, Finance, Treasury and Infrastructure to ensure that customer requests/ demands are met and the customer feedback is communicated clearly.
- Other Duties: Any other duty communicated by the Head of Account Management and the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Customer Relationship Management,
- Business Management, Business Administration, Communications, or any other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience working in Account management positions within a fast-paced and highly competitive business environment, preferably working as the Senior Account Manager.
- The candidate will also have a proven and successful track record in establishing strong and long-term consumer relationships, being able to retain the highest-value relationships.
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) with strong interpersonal skills. He/She must be in a position to communicate even the most complex messages in clear, understandable, and convincing terms as well as being able to tailor messages for varying audiences in a relatable manner.
- MS Office, Google Suite Tools and CRM skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific tools/software.
- Analytical skills: Use of data to improve client retention and the overall customer growth and retention.
- Passionate about our mission to develop innovative digital payment and treasury management solutions to help businesses scale in frontier markets demonstrate composure under stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in junior account management personnel
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.