The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is seeking an innovative, dynamic and multi skilled candidate to join its office in Accra, Ghana, as a Human Resources Officer.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive human resources generalist support to IWMI West Africa Office, which includes recruitment, and induction to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the human resources function under limited direction and supervision.
DUTIES amp; RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance on the application of and alignment with policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of talent management activities including talent acquisition, onboarding, staff development programs, performance, career management and engagement.
- Participate in the implementation of HR policies, procedures and information management systems or other HR related projects including their communication and delivery of training.
- Assemble necessary documentation for accurate preparation of complementary staff contracts (interns and consultants).
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Coordinate with relevant personnel to update and maintain human resource-related information across relevant platforms, such as the local staff directory, organizational chart, staff lists, etc.
- Coordinate arrangements for expatriate staff relocation, such as visa, travel, temporary accommodation, etc.
- Act as unit focal point for diversity and inclusion, safeguarding, and health and wellness in Ghana West-Africa office.
- Prepare reports, dashboards and statistics related to regional HR processes and activities.
- Contribute to ongoing review team processes and procedures to ensure services are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain the integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality of human resources information.
- Aid related special projects as assigned.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all relevant government rules and regulations of Ghana. Additionally, keep the HQ HR operations team updated on any changes or developments in the regulatory landscape.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees in the Ghana regional office to address their HR-related queries, concerns, and grievances and report to HQ HR operations team.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS amp; EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social science, human resources, gender studies, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 05 years of human resources experience in a high-volume environment.
- Exposure to Human Resources Information Systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS amp; ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of overall human resources functions.
- Meticulous detail orientation and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office package.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with tact, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English, including effective listening and strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Proficiency in French will be considered an asset.
This is a nationally recruited position and only Ghanaian nationals will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (ADamp;D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) on February 05, 2024 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Your application must include a CV, cover letter, and three (3) references, which may be contacted if you are shortlisted. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.