AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting-edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance significantly lowers the cost and increases the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our digital products provide both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via a robust API solution while our Web-Based platform provides over the counter B2B services to organizations with wholesale currency needs. Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban, Johannesburg, and Dakar.
As People Operations Associate, you would be the front-line support on People Operations and Culture needs to our diverse team of employees and managers at AZA. In this role you will make a deep impact and will participate in employer branding, human resources administration and strategies.
You will work collaboratively and support matters relating to People Operations amp; Culture. This position is open to candidates in Ghana and will require in-office presence at least 2 days a week.
This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level.
- Trusted frontline point of contact for AZA employees and managers providing support to them on company policies and procedures
- Support all internal and external People Operations related activities or requests
- Assist with maintaining employee experience and engagement programs and initiatives
- Maintain records by entering and updating data into the systems we use to document key information and store sensitive records and data.
- Assist in facilitating onboarding, training and retention programs.
- Coordinate People Operations projects and programs such as meetings and surveys
- Communicate with service providers and vendors where necessary
- People Operations ambassador in designated jurisdictions; championing our culture, mission and values on a regular basis.
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross functional departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, management, or a related field
- At least two years of people operations experience
- Experience with working with HR Systems is a plus
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail, and process-oriented
- Energetic and flexible
- High degree of respect for confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
- Reliable, independent, and able to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Prompt and effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced global environment
- A personable/amiable demeanor
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing Fintech Company
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas and make a difference in a dynamic and casual work environment
- 24 days statutory paid annual leave in addition to local public holidays, plus an extra day off for birthdays and days off for Christmas/New Year break
- Company-funded private medical insurance: dental, medical, and optical services coverage based on your jurisdiction.
- Mentorship amp; buddy program
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks amp; drinks
- Team building and happy hours events.
- Employee mental health support
- Employee referral program
AZA Finance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA Finance does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.