Provide first level support to the Group Chief Internal Auditor in the management and monitoring of internal audit activities of the country
- Serve as the functional lead to provide reasonable assurance and advisory services to the management of the country on the effectiveness and efficiency of business internal operations.
- To carry out appropriate reviews to ensure that the country is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as the company's internal policies and ethical values including sustainability.
- Provide adequate support to the Audit Committee to ensure a sound control environment for the country.
- Liaise with external auditors, consultants and regulatory requirements.
- Be a primary audit business partner in the assigned locations. This includes providing the maximum support to embedding strong governance and control standards in the business, while maintaining appropriate independence.
- Drive continued control consciousness and commitment to compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Supervise the internal team in the locations assigned. Provide leadership and counsel to the plant, head office and supply chain. Generate ideas that will build the company; identify and implement cost saving ideas to the assigned business units.
- Participate in the formulation and documentation of Internal Control and Reconciliation Framework for the Group
- Define the implementation plan to institute the Internal Control Framework for the Group across all the business units.
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the approved internal control plan.
- Evaluate control mechanisms and governance processes for internal control purposes.
- Define internal control processes and policies to ensure adherence to corporate governance policies.
- Coordinate all investigation and forensic audits across the Group.
- Ensure internal audit and control activities are conducted in adherence to professional standards and observation of relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure quality of reports and documentation are in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Screen all internal reports for the approval of the Chief Internal Audit and Control Officer
- Provides advisory services concerning business process, operations, regulations, policies and procedures and makes improvement recommendation
- Supervise and monitor performance of line managers against their periodic plans and special assignments
- Review and recommend training development for staff auditors
- Liaise with regulators, external auditors, affiliates and outsourced service provider.
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Implement risk-based plans to set out the priorities of audit consistent with the Group’s objectives
- Periodically make proposals for the review of Group policies and procedures or for the introduction of new policies to strengthen controls in identified areas
- Propose the internal audit activities, plans and resource requirements to the CIA
- Conduct forensic audits and investigations into cases of frauds, losses and malpractices as may be required;
- Ensure all investigation and forensic audits are performed in a conscientious manner incorporating careful application of professional standards and observation of relevant legal requirements and rules of professional conduct.
- Support the CIA to manage performance evaluation, training needs, staff deferments and career path throughout the group audit function
- Support the CIA to implement ad-hoc audit and Internal controls directives from the Board group-wide
- Implement appropriate audit infrastructure e.g. SAP GRC, Team mate, Data Mining Tools required to support a robust audit organization.
Key Performance Indicators
Number of training courses provided to internal auditors.
Quality of audits performed as evidenced by the Audit Committee’s Chairman, GCIA, Management.
Quality of Audit Committee Pack as evidenced by Audit Committee’s feedback.
Number of process improvement initiatives as a result of internal control reviews.
- In-depth understanding of internal auditing standards, responsibilities, code of ethics, and certification
- Deep Industry knowledge
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Understanding of Corporate Governance principles
- Strong analytical and evaluation ability
- Business Acumen
- Ability to apply control models such as the COSO Internal Control framework
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting requirements of regulatory agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- ISO Requirements
- Knowledge of SAP
- Familiarity with fraud risk indicators and investigation techniques
- Strong interpersonal and team lead skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbal
- B Sc. or HND in Accounting or any related discipline A master’s degree in Accounting or an MBA will be an added advantage
- Possession of any of the following professional qualifications: CIA, ACA, ACCA, CISA
- Possession of the following certifications is an added advantage: Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Minimum of 15 years’ Audit work experience 5 of which must be at senior management level
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with a top-tier Audit Firm
- Experience across multiple industries/markets e.g., Manufacturing, Energy, Utilities etcetera.
- International work experience is an added advantage
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Training and Development
- Provident Fund