The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join IWMI's office in Accra, Ghana as Administrative Officer - Logistics.
Under direct supervision of the Administrative Manager, to provide efficient and timely administrative services for the IWMI West Africa Office and its hosted partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the transport unit including the supervision of staff attached to the transport unit.
- Manage the transport requirements of the Institute including scheduling drivers based on transport requests.
- Ensure the maintenance, servicing and repair of IWMI vehicles in a timely manner.
- Prepare accurate monthly statements from vehicle log sheet and submit same to the accountant after approval.
- Maintain the vehicle Maintenance File and vehicle Registration File in an orderly manner.
- Supervise the fueling of IWMI vehicles in a timely manner.
- Assist IWMI International Staff to obtain Driving License.
- Oversee the renewal of Road Worthy and Insurance Certificates for IWMI vehicles and vehicles of hosted organizations.
- Obtain CD number plates for IWMI vehicles/vehicles of internationally recruited staff as well as hosted organizations and its’ international staff.
- Organize travel arrangements including ticketing, insurance, accommodation.
- Support the Administrative Manager to arrange temporary accommodation within and outside Accra for staff and associates local consultants engaged to work for the office.
- Arrange transport (from Accra to the field and on site) for all field trips.
- Purchase airline tickets for staff, consultants and interns undertaking field trips on behalf of the office.
- Arrange hotel booking for staff, consultants, and interns undertaking field trips.as may be requested (i.e beyond field trips)
- Make logistical arrangements visitors’ Visas and Residents Permits.
- Process ID Cards (Ghana Foreign Ministry, Non-citizen cards, etc) for IWMI international staff/spouse and international staff/spouse of hosted Institutions.
- Process and manage residence permit for IWMI international staff/spouse and children and international staff/spouse and children of hosted organizations.
- Process visas for IWMI staff and staff of hosted organization undertaking international trips.
- Process visas for all visitors to the IWMI Ghana office including IWMI staff from other regions visiting the office.
- Implement the day-to-day delivery of procurement services (stationery and other office items, including support to the projects on their procurement needs) following IWMI procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Is responsible for local procurement of goods, equipment and events in consultation with Head Office, according to procurement policy.
- Prepares purchase requisition and purchase orders.
- Processes customs clearance procedures (duty-free import of goods)
- Processes and monitors the clearance of goods.
- Support the Administrative Manager in handling IWMI shipment including shipment of personal effects for international staff and hosted organizations.
- Responsible for managing maintenance requirements of the IWMI Ghana Offices and infrastructure.
- Attend to repair needs and schedule maintenance work on the IWMI buildings, and allied services for example, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems, water supply, fire hydrants and standby generator set etc.
- Monitor electricity and water consumption to ensure sustainable use of energy and water.
- Provide assistance in implementing energy saving initiatives.
- Carry out quarterly safety audits covering the premises and eliminating any safety threats.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance requirements of the IWMI Ghana Offices and Infrastructure.
- Attend to repair needs and schedule maintenance work on the IWMI buildings, and all allied services.
- Ensure provision of periodic reports and maintenance of database for maintenance unit.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A University Degree in Administration or Social Science or equivalent qualification/training and experience in Administration.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Well-developed knowledge of IWMI administrative and transport operating protocols and policies.
- Experience in dealing with government institutions.
- Conversant in MS Office software packages.
- Experience in similar International Organization.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Demonstrate a whole-of-service approach and a focus on maintaining high quality services.
- Good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good personal organization and priority setting skills.
- Well-developed administrative skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to take initiative and capable of working independently.
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (ADamp;D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. Include the names of 3 referees who may be contacted if you are shortlisted. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) February 07, 2023, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Apply for this job