Red River Foods Ghana Limited is a part of Red River Foods, a leading supplier of dried fruits and nuts with food processing facilities and sourcing operations around the world. Red River Foods supplies over 20 different products to over 200 loyal customers.
Red River Foods Ghana Limited will be implementing the West Africa Cashew Development Initiative, a 3-year grant in collaboration with the West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (WATIH) and USAID. The grant is made up of five components:
1. Construction and operation of a new cashew processing facility in Ivory Coast;
2. Scale up of direct raw cashew nut farmgate procurement in Ghana, Benin, and Ivory Coast and farmer capacity building;
3. Scale up of supplier-based raw cashew nut procurement channels in Ghana, Benin, Ivory Coast, and Nigeria and supplier-based capacity building;
4. Scale up of cashew kernel exports from West African cashew processors, increased food safety trainings for these processors, and increased capacity building training for processor’s farmer networks; and
5. Commercialization of a value-addition facility in Richmond, Virginia that will receive cashew kernels from West Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities of MEL Director
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director will be to ensure that all data and reporting are done on a quarterly basis and submitted to the Project Manager Sustainability and the Project Managing Director for final review before submission to USAID. There will be one MEL Director based in Anglophone West Africa and one MEL Director based in Francophone West Africa: either Ivory Coast or Benin.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• University degree in social sciences and/or community development or, alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years professional work experience.
• Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, and/or public policies.
• Professional work experience in research with qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies, including developing research reports;
• Prior professional work experience with NGOs, international contractors, multilateral institutions and/or international cooperation agencies.
• Knowledge of and experience with developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects.
• Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and ability to use the internet.
• Rigorous time management and activity organization.
• Able to maintain information confidential and work with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
• Demonstrated working proficiency in written and oral English is required.