- Manage media relationships
- Cultivate and manage relationship with media representatives.
- Coordinates all key interactions with partners to ensure the achievement of strategic business objectives.
- Coordinate legal matters with Company Lawyers
- Represent the company in all legal matters
- Representing Company at Courts Effective reputation management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the reputation of the organization
- Developing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies
- Ensuring effective two-way internal communication
- Taking the lead on media handing, proactively placing good news stories, dealing with inquiries and producing media release
- Developing links with stakeholders
- Playing a key role in Issue Management and Planning
- Taking editorial responsibility for the organization’s website, and other corporate communications tools
- Prepare all media communications content, including digital and social media communication.
- Manage effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Manage effective relationships with media stakeholders.
- Act as a first point of contact regarding all media stakeholder engagement and manage the implementation of external communication protocol, processes and procedures.
- In partnership with Marketing and Branding function, facilitate media profiling of the company and maintain the required company image and brand through effective media profiling control.
- Where required, act as an alternative spokesperson or media liaison for the company.
- Assist in developing PR and Media Relations plans for target stakeholders, and support the onsite staff and contractors in implementing communications plans.
- Write and issue print media background briefings, issue-specific fact sheets, talking points and content for the Group website
- Manage day-to-day publicity efforts for TV, radio, print etc.
- Draft and edit Public Relations collaterals including press releases, speeches, FAQ, briefing notes, corporate PowerPoint and corporate advertorials.
- Maintain working relationship with media outlets, key stakeholders, bringing inaccuracies and errors to the attention of writers and editors in a timely fashion.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Providing in-house legal advice to management
- Handling all in-house contract documents
- In collaboration with HR, prepare legal responses to the Labour Commission and other government agencies / bodies
- Proven working experience in public relations required.
- Effective reputation management
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Media relationships.
- Effective crises management
EDUCATION amp; WORK EXPERIENCE
- A qualified practicing lawyer with a Degree in Law.
- Any other degree in Mass Communication or a related discipline is an advantage.
- Membership of any professional bodies will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 18 years relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of cement business and related (Manufacturing) businesses.
- Deep understanding of the industry including trends and practices.
- Deep understanding of media Relations, including media categories.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media.
SKILLS amp; COMPETENCE
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Private health insurance
- Provident Fund
- Paid time off
- Training and Development