AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance significantly lowers the cost and increases the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our digital products provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via a robust API solution while our Web-Based platform provides over the counter B2B services to organisations’ with wholesale currency needs. Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban, Johannesburg, and Dakar.
The Partnerships team is at the heart of realising AZA’s mission, we are building a robust and cost effective cross-border payments infrastructure to satisfy our clients. As a Partnership Associate, you will focus on supporting AZA’s data-driven expansion strategy to new markets and actively take part in the implementation of this strategy which will lead you to interact with the most prominent banks, mobile money operators and FinTech players across Africa.
Your day to day will involve market research, qualify partnership leads, nurture relationships with partners, provide dedicated support in partnerships deals closure, channel operations and API integration cycles. With time, this role could evolve to be fully accountable for the entire deal closure, onboarding, and go-live in specific regions.
- Minimum of 3 years working experiences in FinTech, banking, mobile money, or another relevant industry.
- Willingness to learn, grow and deliver results as part of a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, project management, and business development skills.
- Excellent communication, relationship, and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to take ownership, be resilient, and pay attention to details.
- Strong work ethic and able to work efficiently both independently and within a culturally diverse and remote team environment.
- High level of proficiency with G Suite
- Full proficiency in English is a must.
- Support market expansions and new business development projects in the Region
- Build strong relationships and develop business opportunities with partners
- Support partner onboardings and Revenue API integrations
- Support with the company’s Go to Market (GTM) plans for new markets in the Region
- Work with Onboarding Team to streamline onboarding process and get FI partners to committed stage.
- Support in driving FI revenue across the different markets in the Region
- Conduct market research, prepare executive friendly reports on current partnership projects and industry trends.
- Open and maintain high functioning accounts with target banking partners
- Support prospective partners research, outreach, validation, shortlist and contractual cycle
- Work closely with Product teams to unpack market insights, implement recommendations and improve corridors performance.
- Understand the regulations governing our product offerings in various jurisdictions to support compliance and licensing projects
- Represent AZA Finance during relevant networking events or workshops.
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing Fintech Company
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas and make a difference in a dynamic and casual work environment
- A competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Workplace pension contribution
- 24 days statutory paid annual leave in addition to local public holidays, plus an extra day off for birthdays and 4 days for Christmas/New Year break
- Company funded private medical insurance: dental, medical, and optical services coverage based on your jurisdiction.
- 2x - 3x Group life insurance depending on your jurisdiction.
- Performance bonus / equity incentives plan
- Growth: Access to a personal growth budget (Permanent/FTEs Only)
- Mentorship amp; buddy program
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks amp; drinks
- Team building and happy hours events.
- Employee mental health support
- A One-time work from home allowance
- Employee referral program
AZA Finance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA Finance does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.