Hire Resolve's client is seeking a Civil Engineer / Assistant Resident Engineer for an International Mine Tailings Project in Ghana. This International Project Position is estimated to go until December 2024 with the staff working a 6-week on and 3-week off rotation (60hrs/week, paid all working hours). The Assistant Resident Engineer will be assigned to a project in Ghana to cover two separate positions, primarily covering the roles of Resident Engineer and the QA Manager/Trainer when these staff are on leave.
- Resident Engineer: Supervision of and issuing of instructions to the contractor and to report regularly to the designer and/or client. When filling in for the Resident Engineer, the Assistant Resident Engineer will provide field representation for the EOR during construction (Engineer of Record (EOR) means a professional engineer, who seals drawings, reports, or documents for a project).
- QA Manager/Trainer when staff are on leave: Responsible for organizing and managing the testing of products prior to its release. The duties will include defining testing standards and strategies; establishing formal QA processes; and overseeing all aspects of QA, such as using best practices and establishing metrics.
- The Assistant Resident Engineer will be responsible for construction oversite of the Tailings Storage Facility and the water management and other ancillary facilities, verifying the construction is completed in accordance with the design drawings and specifications.
- The Assistant Resident Engineer will act as the point of contact between the client, the construction management team, the QA team, the EOR, and the engineering design team to address any design and construction issues that may arise during the completion of the Project.
- The Assistant Resident Engineer will supervise the QA/QC activities performed on the Project in addition to training locally hired Ghanian staff to perform the QA testing and inspection services.
- The Assistant Resident Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the Project QA/QC program is performed as required by the project technical specifications and approved design.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Registered Engineer (PE) / Professional Engineer (Pr Eng) accreditation required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering
- Experience with tailings dam design and construction, including knowledge of environmental regulations and safety standards
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure, earthworks, and soil mechanics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and a team player, and able to work well with limited supervision
- Salary: $115K/yr - $135K/yr, salary negotiable
- Training amp; Development
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (if applicable)
Hire Resolve is a top-tier recruitment firm that focuses on placing skilled professionals in permanent employment. Hire Resolve focuses on working with senior-level executives and we pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our candidates and clients.
- Salary: negotiable.
- Our client is offering a highly competitive salary for this role based on experience.
- Apply for this role today, contact Chelsea Cooper (021 180 0841) and Kyla van der Westhuizen (021 180 0870) at Hire Resolve or on LinkedIn
- You can also visit the Hire Resolve website: hireresolve.us or email us your CV: